Why I Want to Visit “The Land Down Under”
I really want to experience Australia’s unique beauty. However, first I will need to conquer my fear of all of the poisonous critters that call it home.
I have compiled the list of reasons why I want to visit the land down under:
- The Wildlife – I love animals and I’m excited to see the Quokka (so cute!) kangaroos, koalas, wombats, emu, platypus, moloch (thorny devil) and kookaburras
- The scenery and beaches look absolutely stunning, especially the:
- Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Queensland, Australia.
- The Great Ocean Road, Victoria
- Uluru – (sandstone rock)
- Lake Hillier, Recherche Archipelago, Western Australia. There is a beautiful naturally pink lake, how awesome is that?
- The Great Barrier Reef, Queensland.
- Summerland Beach, Phillip Island in Victoria. You can see penguins here!
- Wineglass Beach on Tasmania’s Freycinet Peninsula.
- Mt. Warning (or Wollumbin). Apparently, it’s the first place on the mainland to see the sunrise. Sign me up! That would make spectacular photos.
- Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory
- Sydney Opera House
- Sydney Harbour Bridge (one of the most iconic bridges in the world)
I’m going to need to get over my fears. Australia looks beautiful and is quickly making its way up my bucket list of places I want to visit and photograph.
What places would you recommend visiting in Australia?